bluefire

Thursday, July 29, 2010

meditating my shoes and other "peeling"

Thoughts  arise, thoughts go. Like every woman, my love for shoes is royal. Shoes are like my favorite car ("MINI") that I dream of buying someday or shoes are like an ideal guy whom  I wish to marry. But the difference is  I can afford (most of the time), own and enjoy on my feet. If I consider this attachment as part of female emotions, it's not all about materialistic world, the whole thing all revolve around my own way of thinking: what am I thinking, how and why I desire certain objects including certain human beings? A great Buddhist practice would be "peeling of the skin", actually this is one of the methods that monks practice to cleanse their worldly attachments to women. The essence of this practice is peeling the outer layer of that desired object and recall pitfalls. For instance I look at my attracted guy and meditate that I am peeling off his facial skin remembering all his bodies faults, imagining how would look when he's angry.  Automatically and almost instantly that fountain-like desire would just melt away looking like ice cream at 30 degrees. Realization is that desire in human mind does NOT come from the shoes, guys or all material objects, and mental feelings, instead the desire comes from one's own mind in a distorted way-far more twisted and unrealistic from the reality. 
So I'm "peeling" him and my shoes..

2 comments:

Chandmani said...

...peeling him...

bluefire said...

yes,
peeling & peeling Him..