UB Dust & KENZO
(from impressions to thoughts and contemplation-self discovery)
I grew up in Ulaanbaatar as well as my parents. My grandparents were born in countryside of Mongolia and immigrated to UB in their very young age. I call myself as having half-socialist teenage, turmoiled-post teenage and mosaic-youth recalling socio-economic times of Mongolia decade by decade.
UB Dust
Even 20 some years ago UB used to have dust storms but not as bad as nowadays. In order words, I "used" to UB spring dust storms. While I was away from home to Europe only at age of 16 for the first time, I cried one day without any reason when my tears were running with the visions of dust stormy UB. I was not aware why this particular image of UB was in my head while I was crying that badly. But later I realized that I was my missing home town so much that even its worst weather seemed dear to me (I like winter in fact! except the polluted air).
KENZO
It was my first time I heard the name brand KENZO at one of my first French classes in early 2000. While majoring in natural science, as a fresh(wo)man I took French at French Cultural Center in UB for my love of the language. Our beautiful teacher, a total "France" in that classroom seemed to me that she was Mongolian Catherine Deneuve (now I forgot her name). She asked us what was the latest trend in perfume world. Everyone but me replied KENZO by a Japanese for I was absent at the previous class.
Because of my profession and personal style I did not appreciate perfumes for many years but for the past 5 years I have stayed honest to one single perfume brand .... (it's not that famous but I'm not revealing the name of it to you now) which is other than KENZO. After ten years I met with and am owning a cute little bottle of KENZO even if its not as great as head turning trend-smell like in early 2000. Since I can't find my older brand perfume, I "fell in love" with FlowerbyKENZO. Chasing after trends is not my thing anyway.
DUST & KENZO but another story
Here we go, woke up by glazing at the pure blue sky, a day starts beautifully in UB as usual waking up my desire to wear tempting KENZO at the same time. Yes, KENZO was all around me wherever I go (I walk!) that day until the famous UB dust storm came to play with me. But she (KENZO) didn't leave me that easily at all, she protected from the dust, stayed all night long showing her power and loyalty to me. It's amazing how powerful our desire to chase after pleasure of KENZO smell and avoid horrible dust storm while standing in the midst of it.
According to Buddha's teachings our understanding of our own mind lacks the knowledge of the same nature of UB Dust and KENZO and there's no essence in liking one and disliking the other.
A simple object of smell wondered me how it can impact our sensory feeling lifting up the spirit and playing with the mind! Thank you KENZO for offering another window to discover my own mind.
2 comments:
Saixan bichjee. Yer ni angliaraa bichvel minii bolon busdyn angli xelend tustai baih bololtoi dog shuu. Best wishes...
Bayarlalaa CHandmani
Post a Comment